Our HeritageAfter holding worship services in a storefront building on old U.S. Highway 50, a new church was built and in June 1955 the first unit was dedicated. Our church bell and other artifacts come from an older church located on Union Hill Road from 1854.
We did complete 70 years of worship and service in 2021. From 1951-2021 some 1,500 people have been members, with the present membership at 60. Many others have also benefitted spiritually from this caring congregation. All members promise "to participate in the life and mission of this family of God's people, sharing regularly in the worship of God and enlisting in the work of this local church as it serves this community and the world." This fulfills the purpose stated in our Constitution and By-Laws: "...to worship God, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to celebrate the sacraments; to realize Christian fellowship and unity within this church and the Church Universal; to render loving service toward humankind; and to strive for righteousness, justice, and peace."